Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Introduction

Hello, my name is Karen-Beth and I am happily married for 9 years and I have a seven year old son. 


I currently have a condition called Post Concussion Syndrome.  It is basically a concussion that does not go away.  I injured myseld in September of 2010.  I also injured my eye, it turns in slightly.   I have have a really nice neuro doctor who helps me the best she can.  I did try for a second opinion from one of the top hospitals in my city and they basically told me my current neuro is doing everything she can for me.  At first I was going a little crazy thinking I am the only person who has this, but I have found a great support system on Facebook.  Knowing other people are going through the same thing I am is comforting and a good outlook for advice and opinions.


I have tried vestibular therapy and different medications.  But the medictions really just treat the symptoms and not that well.  As is suggested by doctors and other PCS sufferes, rest is the best thing for me at this point.  I am told eventually it will go away but no way of telling when.\


So does it suck to have this?  Yes!  I want to do things I used to do and can't.  I am trapped in this body not being able to do much.  I stay in my house mostly, I occasionaly get out for a walk in the mall with my husband or I get out to the doctors.  The walks in the mall or in a store keep me from going insane.


So my biggest regret is that I cannot do things that I used to do with my son.  I am tired of saying "Mommy can't, she doesn't feel well."  I also regret that I have to put the majority of responsibilty on my husband, as supportive as he is I am sure it is trying for him. 


I am not a writer so forgive if things do not make sense or are not grammatically correct.  Hoping maybe this can be a device for another mom suffering from similar issues.  And hoping that maybe it can help me as a tool to keep track of my symptoms, feelings and being able to get things out in a different outlet!


Thanks for reading!




2 comments:

  1. LOVE IT, KB! If I can help with any blogging-related stuff, just let me know. Best wishes in bringing together other people going through the same thing. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks stark.raving.mad.mommy. I think I am going to have a huge learning curve. Not a techy at all.

    ReplyDelete