Sunday, January 29, 2012

Great Weekend

This was a not too bad weekend.  I got out of the house.  Met a TBI rockstar.  And the Christmas Tree is finally down!!!  Thank you Hubby!  I personally think we should have left it up until the 31st just to make a point.  Just kidding Honey!

Friday we went to the mall for our usual Chinese Chicken and Rice Friday night dinner (Bourbon Chicken,we call it Chinese Chicken and Rice because when Bubby started eating it he couldn't say Bourbon and we weren't sure if it was appropriate for him to be telling people about bourbon at the age of 2 or 3.)  At this mall they have an awesome bookstore (large chain bookstore) that has a great children's section.  Bubby loves to go there.  As the psychologist said I need to find things that are quiet to do with Bubby, coping skills.  The bookstore is quiet and they put in this new Lego table.  He loves it and I like to watch and help him build towers.  And, we get to meet some new awesome kids.  The chairs at the table are these big, squishy cube chairs.  When you sit on them you sink to the floor and then I can't get back up.  Even harder with PCS.  So, I just laugh and have my husband help me up.  Moral of Friday's story:  Legos, we have them at home, great quality time with Bubby and no big, squishy chairs.

Saturday I got to meet John Byler who made that wonderful video from my previous post (this is where I meet the Rock Star).  He wrote a book about Traumatic Brain Injuries (TBI), "You Look Great!" Strategies for Living Inside a Brain Injury. I've read the first chapter and I love that the print is big and written in plain English!  I only got to talk to him for about 15 minutes and wish it could have been longer. This is the first time I have spoken to someone face to face with a TBI.  I was overwhelmed and wish I got him to sign my book.  I may need to find a support group, have to remember to look that up.  Saturday was also Bubby's last swim meet.  He has improved so much although we really need to work on coordination.  Arm and legs need to work together.  Swim meets are really loud!  Lots of yelling and horns blowing.  I go and wait in the lobby and then Hubby sends me a text when Bubby is ready for his race, he only does 2 races, backstroke and freestyle.  There are as many as 40 races per meet.  So proud of him.  He also got to go to his favorite place to eat and when we came home it was so nice out all the kids on the block were out playing.  So he ran around for another 1-1/2.  He was tuckered out!  Yes energy expelled!!

Sunday was OK.  I am really fatigued and all I wanted to do was sleep.  We took Bubby to a playground or I should say my Hubby took him and I slept in the car.  I couldn't keep my eyes open.  We then went to the pet store.  Big mistake.  I love animals!  If I had the money I would have bought everyone of them.   I left with tears in my eyes.  I also can't watch animal movies, I will go through a box of tissues in one sitting.  Maybe in another post I will tell you about my cat Avery Marie and share some pictures.  When we came home I fell asleep again.  Feel better now.  Could be the pain medicine making me so sleepy.  Now I am watching one of my favorite shows with Hubby "Finding Bigfoot".  Yes, I love this show.  I don't know why I love it, but they better get some real proof.  It reminds me of a show I would've watched with my dad.  He probably would have loved this show.  And my husband makes these awesome comments during the show and makes me laugh!

Update on (Sister-in-Law (KA):  KA had her hip surgery today.  She is resting but her blood pressure is low so they have moved her to a floor with less patients so they can keep a better eye on her.  She was unable to have the replacement hip (muscles and tendons are too tight and a replacement would have put a strain on her spine and she may not have been able to walk at all) so she is going to have rehab and may have to walk with a walker or cane.  She may also need to put a raiser in her shoe because her leg will be shorter.  So please keep her in your prayer or good thoughts, we really appreciate it, we worried about surgery and she pulled through.  She is a trooper.

No comments:

Post a Comment